The AAUW Medford Branch Scholarship Committee will award our $1,000 Annual Scholarship for a non-traditional female college student in May 2020. The scholarship is intended to help ease the burden of college expenses for the recipient.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- be a resident of Burlington County, NJ.
- be a non-traditional female student enrolled in an undergraduate degree program. A non-traditional student might be someone whose family obligations required an interruption of several years prior to resuming a college program, or someone who waited until later in life to start college. High school graduates proceeding directly to college are ineligible.
- take at least one course per semester.
- earn a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Submit a typed, double-spaced essay of approximately 500 words, describing your quest for a college education and how it has taken a non-traditional route. Include how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
- Provide your most recent official school transcript regardless of age.
- Provide a recent letter of recommendation from a professional (employer, professor, pastor, etc.) who can speak to your character, qualities, and career aspirations. The letter must be typed, signed and dated and include the name, title, address, phone number, and the relationship to the applicant of the person making the recommendation. (This is a very important part of the application since it will give the AAUW committee a clear sense of your character and resolve.)
- Send the application and other documents in a single package by March 31, 2020, to the address on the form.